Monday, February 11, 2013

Thunderwolf or no Thunderwolf



So all of my lists have had Thunderwolf cavalry. I think there one of the coolest units is the space wolf army. There wolfguard that went out in the to woods to tame a wild wolf or die trying, thats bad ass. The way I like to run them is 4 wolfs all with storm shields and one thunder hammer. But are the worth the 350 pts? I'm starting to think that they are not. Evey time I run them there killed in the first or second turn. People freak out and shoot everything at them, or I end up loosing one because I rolled a 1 and they tripped over a rock or ran in to a tree. So I've made a couple of lists were I dropped them and added some more gray hunters, a defense line and some more tanks. I'll post the listed later. Comments????

3 comments:

  1. I think they are cool and fun for friendly games but they just aren't cost efficient. 350 points is just way to much to spend on 1 unit of only 4 models. I think you'd be much better off spreading the points around into either another scoring unit or more Long Fangs. The aegis line and quad gun are also a great pick up for any army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking armour saves for those failed dangerous terrain tests, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, my dice just didn't like me last week. I rolled snake eyes twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete